Thursday 12 July 2012

Almond Dream Yogurt

Yogurt, filled with pro-biotics, calcium, fruits and low fats is a healthy eaters delight. It used to be a staple food in my diet, and probably the dairy product I miss the most (let's just not tell anyone I still eat the occassional piece of brie cheese). This evening I stumbled across almond dream non dairy yogurt and decided to give it a try, almond milk is the only type of dairy free milk I find bearable anyways so why not yogurt?

It was love at first spoon. While it is still no creamy cow's or Greek yogurt, it is as close as I have ever come. It has that distinct yogurty after taste, and while the texture is a little thicker than most yogurts it didn't feel weird in the mouth.

I tried the vanilla flavour, and dutifully scrapped every last bit of yogurt off the sides, happy to be united with one of my favourite treats. I will be heading back to the store tomorrow to stock up and see what other flavours they have.

I was giddy with excitement and wanted to immediately share this with you all, so go forth and try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment