Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Fish House

I had heard rumors of the fish house for weeks before I went there. It had been mentioned a few times in casual conversation to me by those who know I love fish, but I had not yet experienced the joys of this place first hand. Last week I was saying good bye to Toronto so I knew I only had one last chance. I requested for my family good bye dinner to be at The Fish House.

Looking at the menu is overwhelming, to say the least. There is a full page of specials in adition to the regular menu, and the regular menu includes some signature dishes as well as every kind of fuish they currently have which you can order cooked however you like.

I first wanted to try the fish tacos, but the tortillas had wheat in them, so I ended up getting one of the specials- sweet potato crusted Halibut with a greek salad.

Our food was slow coming out, but the fish was cooked well, and the sweet potato crust was delicious. Surprisingly, it was also one of the best Greek salads I've had (and I've had a lot of Greek salads), something I did not expect from a Canadian fish house.

Our waitress was very friendly and great at checking on on allergies for me. My only regret is not checking this place sooner so I could have visited multiple times!

Both gluten and dairy free options available 

Fish House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment